Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Steampunk Nerf Maverick II


Fueled by the sucess of the first gun, here is the second Nerf Maverick I've done up with Steampunk stylings. I opted this time for a matte black base with silver detailing. Again, the raised logos have been sanded flat, and a leather grip has been fashioned. However, on this gun I also removed the cylinder stops to allow the cylinder to swing out at 90 degrees from the gun. This allows one to 'spin it' al a 'Russian Roulette" style, and with a flick of the wrist snap it shut. I also came up with the idea of affixing a chain loop around the cocking slide for the gun. Since the Maverick requires two hands to cock back, one cannot 'dual wield' them. However with this piece of chain attached to one's belt, simply sliding the gun foreward allows it to be cocked one handed. By doing this to two guns, one coudl hold a Maverick in each hand, and fire them both at the same time. Plus, if a change of weapon is needed, simply letting go of the gun will allow it to fall aside, still attached to the belt for easily grabbing it later, and eliminating the need for a chunky holster. I've never seen thsi done before, adn I don't know if anyone else is doing this. Should this catch on, I would like to see it referred to as the 'Wyatt Earp' mod. Give it a try with your Maverick.

* This gun recently sold on ebay




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Could you make one for me? And list the price? Email me on : emailazzerlee@gmail.com

Owais Khan said...

Nerf guns using. Buying toys with children to the streets on holidays, we have to pay attention for the selection of toys with sound much less big. Go Here