Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Steampunk Nerf Maverick I



I've seen a number of varrious things painted up in Steampunk asthetic, and thought I'd give it a go with the Nerf Maveric dart gun. The gun itself has a nice look right out of the box, and painting it up only enhanced this. I chose to do a matte black base coat, with hand done copper details. Before painting, I sanded flat the raised 'Nerf' and 'Made in..." logos on the cocking slide and the 'N-Strike' logos on either side of the muzzle of the gun. The grip of the gun is covered with a nice piece of black leather that I stretched and then tacked to the gun to make a nice contoured grip that is very comfortable and natural feeling. I'm very happy with how this turned out, the pictures really don't do it justice.

*This gun recently sold on ebay.






For comparison, here it is side by side with another Nerf Maverick right out of the box.


No comments: